Wednesday, April 22, 2009

an incredible weekend


I spent the weekend in Portland, Oregon at a Beth Moore - Living Proof Live event. I have so much that I want to share about it, but I am still processing.

All I can say right now is that it rocked my world!

It was INCREDIBLE!

The Holy Spirit fell so heavy on that Rose Garden Coliseum it wasn’t even funny!

The Lord spoke straight to the hearts of over 7000 women in ways that will leave them forever changed. I am pretty sure that every single woman there felt like the message that Beth Moore brought was “just for her”…I know I did!

Here is a slideshow that Beth Moore posted to her blog yesterday. (You might need to pause it to allow it to load for a few minutes, and then come back to watch it - it will play smoothly without stopping this way :)

(If you pay attention at the 5 minute 45 second point, you’ll see a picture of me with the sweet group of ladies I went with from my church. I was SO excited to see that we were in the slideshow!)



{The Lord reminded me this morning that PICTURES are one of *my* love languages. He let me come away from this very special weekend with a picture…and I was actually IN it this time!}

Okay, and I just have to share this song with you that we sang more than once at the conference. It is now officially my all-time-favorite song (that happens to be a very big deal)! Travis Cottrell and the rest of the worship team did an amazing job with this song…seriously…they were rockin’ that coliseum!!


I came home singing this song and I haven’t stopped. My little Isabelle is hooked on it now too.
A couple times a day we just crank it up and DANCE…oh ya…it’s a sight to see!
Our boys think we’re a little crazy…but we don’t care!!
Get out of our way when we’re worshippin’ Jesus!!

“Take the shackles off my feet
So I can dance
I just wanna praise You
I just wanna praise You
You broke the chains
Now I can lift my hands
And I´m gonna praise You
I’m gonna praise You”

7 comments:

  1. How amazing! I have a similar experience when I was able to attend a MOPS {Mothers Of Preschoolers} convention in Nashville, TN and there were over 5000 moms all in one place! There is such an undescribable {is that a word!?} and incredible feeling about being among so many moms sharing in such an experience together! i will never forget it! I love listening to the music from those who performed there! {Nichole Nordeman was one of my favorites}

    How fun to have a picture to remember the event and share with us! Wonderful photo of your group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so excited that you were able to go!! I hope to see her "live" one day too! I REALLY want to go one of the Deeper Still events. {Priscilla Shirer, Beth Moore, and Kay Arthur}. Although I think I might hyper~ventilate if I was in a room with those three! Priscilla is my favorite speaker- that girl can preach!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie - The whole conference thing could get a little addictive, huh? It's all good, as long as we make sure it stays about Jesus!! :)

    Tammi - Yes, Beth Moore is AMAZING live. I would suggest that you jump at any chance to see her. Believe it or not, I have never heard Priscilla Shirer speak...I'm thinking I'm missin' out?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment on my blog! I have to admit... I haven't been receiving your blog updates on my dashboard page and thought you've just been super busy and haven't been blogging! So I looked at my list and you weren't on there anymore! : ( And now I see I've missed a million posts!!! Eek! Anyway, when I get a chance, I'm dying to catch up with your abundant life! : ) And when Aidan's not sleeping in the next room, I'm going to turn up my speakers and crank the song you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that song! Heard it too at Living Proof Live a couple of years ago with 18k other women! IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!! The Holy Spirit was certainly moving amongst us! I'll have to check out the video at home, it's blocked here at work, how cool to see yourself on it!!!

    Any relation to Kara May, also a photographer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather - Oh, it won't take you long to get caught up...you are a much more consistent blogger than I am! :) Thanks for commenting - it's so nice to hear from you. I'm LOVING watching cute little Aidan grow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gillian - We only had 7300 women and it was unbelievable...I can't imagine 18,000. Wow!!
    Nope - no relation to Kara May. :)

    ReplyDelete