Thursday, April 2, 2009

If My Words Abide In You


I know that the odds of very many of you taking the time to watch this video are slim, but I’m going to encourage you to do it anyway.

I am usually very reluctant to take the time to read or watch anything online that takes too much time, so I don't blame you if you are hesitant. ;)
But I am so thankful that I took the time to watch this incredible video from John Piper on the importance of memorizing scripture.

It has served as a great reminder to me of the how important (necessary!) it is to memorize God's word...and definitely renewed my passion!

When I get busy, one of the first things to go seems to be my time alone with the Lord…and scripture memorization. When I stop meditating on God’s word, day and night, it is so apparent in my thoughts, feelings and actions!! Not good.

Anyway, I pray that you will be as blessed in watching this as I was…and that it will light a fire in you for memorizing God’s word!

(The first 16 minutes is John Piper reciting scripture. Such a blessing to listen to!
Ahhh, just soak it in
!)



3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you liked it! I have watched it 3 or 4 times now and am blown away every time.
    I am VERY motivated to memorize and to continue teaching my boys.
    I can't wait to look through your blog!
    SO glad to have a new friend in the blog world!
    God bless you!!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps I need your help giving my blog a facelift!
    Yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie,
    I'm looking forward to reading through your blog too! From the little bit I've read, I am INSPIRED in many ways. Please know that I am praying for you!!
    Oh, and I would be happy to help give you a blog-facelift...unfortunately, I don't really know what I'm doing! I just know what I like and figured out how to make it happen using a little HTML...pretty basic. Let me know if you have questions - I'd be happy to tell you what I know! :)

    ReplyDelete