Monday, April 20, 2009

I Am Second


I ran across an INCREDIBLE website today, and I wanted to share it with you.

It is called I Am Second.


So far, I’ve listened to the testimonies of Ashley, Brian Welch (from Korn) and Jason Castro (my all-time favorite American Idol…oh ya!!) – every single one made me cry. I'm excited to watch the rest!

One of the tabs at the bottom of the page is called “Struggles”.
When you click on it, it brings up a list of struggles that the individuals featured have dealt with (pride, sex addiction, selfishness, etc.). When you click on one of the “struggles”, it then brings up the video testimonies to choose from.

Here are some direct links to videos that do a wonderful job of answering some very important questions:

How can I become second?

Who is first?

More questions - This is a list of commonly asked questions about Christianity with answers in video or written form – I like the videos best! :)

Everything I’ve listened to lines up directly with what the Bible says…VERY important!!

Anyway, when you have time, you should check it out. Go listen to what they have to say about “being second”.

Good Stuff!!

7 comments:

  1. This sounds great! Thanks so much for posting it, I hope to check it out today! Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this website too! I found it on Stephs a while back and posted it to my blog as well...I've listened to all of them, many of them more than once, Pete Briscoe's especially. I've enjoyed reading your blog (found you from Stephs) you are such a talented writer, photographer, bible sharing blogger, oh and I love your blog header!!! I've searched and searched for a new look for my blog and I've just not had any luck.
    Rejoicing in Him,
    ~gillian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie - Thanks...you are SUCH a sweet & encouraging blog friend!!

    Gillian - Thank you so much for your sweet words...they mean a lot to me!
    And, as silly as this may sound, I think you were used of the Lord in directing me to the testimony of Pete Briscoe. I'm not sure when I would have gotten around to watching it, but I did just now and OH MY GOODNESS...did that ever speak to my heart - I can relate!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think that sounds silly at all! I'm glad his testimony ministered to you... The day after I heard it I started listening to a teaching titled "At The Feet Of Jesus" It is a study in the life of Mary of Bethany and of course you can't forget her sister Martha (oh my!)...the combination of that study and his testimony were just the wake up call i needed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are not kidding, Amanda. That is an incredible website! My husband and I are hooked on it! Thanks for sharing about it.

    I also {finally} listened to the video of John Piper. Oh. my. Was that ever powerful! God is really speaking to me about abiding in Him and soaking in the word...daily. It is such a discipline and I struggle to keep that committment {not because I don't want to~just because I let other things get in the way}.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gillian - Ooooh, that Bible study sounds good! Unfortunately, I'm all too familiar with our friend Martha!! ;)

    Tammi - I know, I'm addicted too!
    I'm glad you got to listen the the John Piper video - it is really long, but worth every second! :) I find that everything wants to get in the way of me memorizing Scripture...I'm pretty sure the enemy knows how POWERFUL & effective it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friends introduced me to this site a while ago....good stuff.

    God is good. And wayyyyy in charge.

    ReplyDelete