Wednesday, April 15, 2009

birthday boy

Today is my sweet Austin's 12th birthday.

We celebrated his birthday a little early, on Easter Sunday, with family. It was lots of fun!

Austin was thrilled to get the "airsoft gun of his dreams" and, as you can see below, he put it to good use right away!

video

Of course, he had to get his camo Army jacket on first to make the whole thing much more realistic!

I just love this video. It seems to sum up Austin so well. He looks so tough with the Army gear & gun, but when that smile breaks across his face...all I can see is little boy (shhh...don't tell him I said that)!

Austin is rough, tough & "manly" on the exterior.

But, on the inside, he is just a big teddy bear.

He loves to laugh. He loves his family. He loves his little sister - and sometimes he'll even come home early from playing with friends because he knows she is wanting to play with him too. He loves hanging out with his dad, and learning what it looks like to be a Godly man. He always tells me he loves me...even in front of his friends! If we're texting back and forth, his last text to me is always "love u". He is friends with everybody.

But most importantly, he loves Jesus.

I don't know how the Lord is going to use Austin's life, but I am certain, it's going to be powerful!


(By the way, I feel the need to apologize for the poor quality picture. I was using my point-n-shoot that can take video too...so it's worth the cruddy pictures sometimes!)

3 comments:

  1. He has the best smile! And I love his laugh! What a sweet 'kid'! I love watching Alex & Emily together, too! They sure know how to tease each other, but when one of them is not here, it's obvious they miss each other :)
    What a sweet post! Happy Birthday, Austin! Hope he has a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like such a sweet boy. I loved the video- too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie & Tammi - Thanks for commenting. He is SUCH a sweet boy...I love him! :)

    ReplyDelete