Wednesday, March 18, 2009

p r a y


In the past few weeks, I have had several people mention to me how they have a hard time praying.

Knowing what to say, and how to say it.

Especially when praying with other people. It can feel so awkward and we can feel like it’s just so messy…especially if we compare our prayers to the prayers of people that we feel are so much "more eloquent" than us.

The other day, I felt like the Lord gave me a picture in my mind of how He wants us to pray.

SIMPLY.

Like we’re talking to a friend, right on the other side of the table.

It doesn’t need to be fancy. We don’t need to impress God…He knows our hearts.

He just wants us to talk to Him.
To tell Him what we need.
To cry out to Him when we’re hurting.
To laugh and rejoice with Him when we’re happy.
To pray for our friends when they are just too weary to pray for themselves.
To have a relationship with Him.

We make it so complicated, don’t we?

Next time you’re praying, try to picture in your mind’s eye Jesus sitting in the chair right next to you. He is. And it’s really not that hard to talk to Him.

James 5:16
"…The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective"



Here is a beautiful song by Casting Crowns called “Prayer For A Friend”.



I pray that not only will I pray like this for my friends, but that when I need prayer, God will raise up people to pray like this for me.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your new blog - awesome Amanda! I'm still sad to lose you as a photographer so soon after finding you, but feel blessed to have met, and look forward to enjoying a further connection through your new blog - looks like I have some catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Camille...thanks for dropping in and saying "Hi"! It's nice to hear from you.
    I'm guessing you are very busy these days with lots and lots of clients! Don't work too hard!! :)

    ReplyDelete