Wednesday, March 11, 2009

c r e a t e


My sweet Isabelle is having a slumber party this weekend with five of her girlfriends from school.

She is celebrating her 9th birthday.

All the girls are bringing their American Girl dolls and camping out (in a tent, of course) in the house.

I LOVE throwing parties! And I LOVE any excuse to make fun things with beautiful fabric. I wasn’t going to let this opportunity pass me by!

I decided that each little girl must have a sleeping bag for her doll!
So, off to the fabric store I went...

Here are my materials, before. I just love the colors...eye candy for sure!




And here is the finished product...







Such a fun (and time-consuming!) project.

Hopefully the girls will like the sleeping bags as much as I do!!

8 comments:

  1. I don't know if it's possible to be anymore creative than you are! You are amazing. And, of course, I love the vibrant colors and patterns! Happy Birthday Isabelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sew too! Oh my, can we be friends? Seriously cute! I am impressed, sista.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jocelyn! I'll tell Isabelle Happy Birthday from you...she'll be thrilled! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jeriann. Yes, I sew (didn't say I was good though!). And YES, we can be friends...I'd love to!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're havin' a sleep over at our house tonight too! My daughter turns 12 on Monday- so 9 of her school friends will be over. Our theme is a "Peeps-over" because my daughter loves Marshmallow Peeps. :)

    Your sleeping bags are so adorable! I could see you getting some orders on these!

    Also, I loved your "unseen" post. I just love what an image can communicate. Your heart that is open to His whispers of spiritual meaning behind your images is inspiring.

    Hope you get a little sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your sweet words, Tammi...they mean a lot to me!

    And I will be praying for you tonight...you can pray for me too!! :)

    Now back to cleaning my house like crazy for a bunch of little girls that won't notice anyway... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any chance you could send some quick instructions for these cute sleeping bags? They look simple, but I do best with a little guidance to get me going... stvanzee@iowatelecom.net. Thanks!!

    P.S. I came across your blog and read through most of it last night. Except for the post about not always being serious (evidently I am the serious half of you and not the silly, creative half...), I feel like you have been reading my mind. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete