Thursday, February 26, 2009

m i r r o r


Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror,
but then we will see everything with perfect clarity.
All that I know now is partial and incomplete,
but then I will know everything completely,
just as God now knows me completely.

I Corinthians 13:12 (NLT)



We would never be so naive as to think that just because we can’t see beyond the scope of this mirror, nothing else in the room exists.

So why are we so tempted to do that in our own lives?

It’s so easy to think that what we see with our human eyes is “the whole picture”…and try to make sense of it with human wisdom.

Our knowledge and comprehension of what’s going on in our lives is SO limited.

One day, we will get to see what was going on outside of our limited scope of view…and it will all make perfect sense!

4 comments:

  1. Really good.
    Thanks friend. You're loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brittney...you are so, so loved too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to leave a comment on this post the other day but the computer word would not down load, I really wanted you to know how much this spoke into my heart.

    I get a lot of prayer request in my e-mails and when I took one to the Throne of Grace, it was these thoughts that came pouring through.

    I just wanted to encourage you and I want you to know that you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Jerriann. I'm so glad you were blessed by this post and that God was able to use it at just the right time...He is SO good!!!

    ReplyDelete