Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I will rise


Okay, so I have to share this song with you.

I heard if for the first time, at church, this past Sunday morning.

I don’t think I have ever immediately loved one song so much. Seriously. It is so good.

It’s called “I Will Rise” by Chris Tomlin.

As our congregation was worshiping together, singing this song, the enormity of the meaning of these words just hit me.
There is only one way to explain the feelings that filled my heart and soul at that moment…JOY…pure joy. Coupled with anticipation.

Oh, I cannot wait to see my Jesus face to face…to fall on my knees and worship Him.
The thought of it alone is almost too much…I just can’t wait!

I know that, in the Bible, it says that the Lord is waiting. Waiting as long as He can. Because it is His desire that everyone would call on the name of Jesus and get to spend an eternity in heaven.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”

I am thankful for that. So thankful.
I will patiently endure all the pain and darkness of this world, knowing that each day presents another opportunity for hurting souls to cry out to Jesus…and experience everlasting joy.

'And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise
” '





We have so much to look forward to. Thank you Jesus!!

p.s. – I went straight to the Christian book store on Monday to buy this CD (and I haven’t listened to anything else since I got it) – you should seriously consider buying it…it is awesome!
Anyway, I made sure to get “I Will Rise” playing before I even considered leaving the parking lot. I was driving along, singing my heart out, when it got to the part of the song where it gets louder and these are the words . . .

'And I hear the voice of many angels sing,
"Worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart,
"Worthy is the Lamb"
'

I was so overcome (for a moment!) that I just closed my eyes and lifted my hands to worship the Lord…thankfully I remembered I was driving and quickly got control of myself.
I probably should wait until I get home to “get my worship on” – especially since this is not the first time that worshiping has affected my ability to drive. ;)

Technically, you could say that I was driving “under the influence".
But as my good friend, Beth Moore (okay, maybe not, but a girl can dream!), would say…

“Ain’t no high like the Most High!!”

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post Amanda. I love being overwhelmed like that. It sadly doesn't happen as often as I would like.
    Lisa (using Bradleys account)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lisa. I'm with you, it doesn't happen enough...but when it does...it's like nothing else!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love great music recommendations! Amanda, your blog is so inspirational. I had to brag about it on my site - hope you don't mind. Most of my readers are already strong Christians, but you never know who you might touch!

    Thanks for stopping by. Of course I was thrilled about your positive comment towards one of MY pictures!! Still working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Heather!! I am honored that you would share my blog with your readers.
    And you really are rockin' the picture thing...seriously!

    ReplyDelete