Saturday, January 24, 2009

a little about me

{ reposted from Monday, January 19th }

Thanks for coming to visit my new blog.

As many of you know, I have blogged before, but only for business purposes. I recently left my career as a children’s photographer to return to my first, and most important, calling . . . being a wife and mom.

My hope is that this will be a place where friends can come to join with me on a journey toward living the abundant life that is promised to us in God’s word.

In the coming weeks, I plan to introduce you to my family and share what’s going on in our lives.

I plan on sharing my heart with you in hopes that my journey from brokenness to wholeness (no matter how bumpy!) will be a testimony of God’s goodness and His power to accomplish His will for our lives…in spite of us!

And finally, I am excited to have a creative outlet for my love of photography. While I was blessed to have a wonderful career spent documenting the lives of lots of wonderful little children & families (and I wouldn’t trade those years for anything), I let that get in the way of documenting the lives of my own children. I am looking forward to more time to photograph my own children…and taking the time to create images that serve as an artistic reminder to me of God’s blessings in my life.

Thanks for joining me. It is my prayer that you will be blessed through everything that is shared here and that, most importantly, God will be glorified!

And, if you know me, you will know that no post is complete without a picture. This is the picture of my children (Austin & Isabelle) that I shared with my clients when I announced my retirement from the photography industry. It seems fitting to use the same image to reintroduce myself into the blogging world . . .