Saturday, January 24, 2009

e m o t i o n

{ reposted from Tuesday, January 20th }

As I was packing lunches this morning, I looked up at the news broadcast playing on the TV just in time to see George W. Bush and Barack Obama standing together in front of our nation.

I was instantly overwhelmed by emotion and tears began rolling down my face.

Not happy.
Not sad.
Just overwhelmed.

In that moment, I didn’t see a President and a President-Elect.
I didn’t see a Republican and a Democrat.
I didn’t see a Conservative and a Liberal.
I didn’t see a white man and a black man.

I saw two men, both willing to give up life as they once knew it . . .

because they love their country!

Join me in praying for both of these men. That they would both seek God for wisdom in the coming days, months, years. That the God of peace would sustain them and direct their paths. That they would both experience unspeakable joy…that only comes from Jesus.







2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”